Tuesday, 28 February 2012

26-28 Feb 2012 - a little bit of everything

I forget where I left off and what I'm able to write for the past 3 days since our days have been so jam packed!!!

Sunday night's cooking class was incredible! We went to Shashi's house - 2 dingy rooms with 7 people crammed in and local visitors going and coming as they please. We experienced the true Raj cooking but u don't know if I will actually remember anything since I felt i was mesmerised with Shashi and her story and her life and smile! I took long video clips which hopefully will turn out great!
The night train followed!!!!! Frantic panicked Gabie and Debbie trying to find the berth and carriage at 10pm and no one to ask but herds of people And all signs in Hindi! We did eventually make it on the train on time after having walked up and down the (very long) platform! We had sheets and a pillow and a cover all nearly packed in a brown paper bag - yet still unsanitary in my opinion! Now I'm past sanitary and used all the bedding! Gabie slept in a different cabin and we had curtain separating us - she slept within minutes... For me it was a different story! I felt I was on some orient express and kept looking out the window. I managed to get myself comfortable but the conductor had his hand on the horn for the whole trip i.e. over 8 hrs!!! Therefore it was hard for me to close an eye! Plus I was paranoid I would wake up on time and we would miss our stop! We did get off and arrived in the (still sleeping) pink city!
Another bustling city but with a lot of character! I cannot tell of all my experiences because there are too many to tell but in short we experiences palaces, bazaars and again glorious food! I think the best part of the last two days was today when we met our guide Akshat! Our booked 2 two-hour tours turned into over 7 hrs of new experiences! We met locals ate with them saw their work and listened to experiences. Definitely off the tourist track!!! I wouldn't have fallen in love with Jaipur hadn't it been for him! The camera didn't have a break! I was happy snapping away with a 300mm!!! Good unnoticed shots! My video did also fall into a drainage pipe - with mud like drainage though! Nonetheless it survived and still In good condition!
Anyways! Train is early tomorrow and we are off to see the Taj!
Xxx

3 comments:

  1. WOW girls!! I so look forward to your updates. Glad you're enjoying yourselves. Thank you for taking the time to give us a taste of all your experiences.
    Love you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. how i wish im out there with your guys...it seems you are truly having a magical time...lucky lucks you ,,,,and by the way of course I love your tattoe girl mmmm xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...breathless - read the blog whilst in a traffic jam and couldn't stop reading! I can feel your excitement whilst writing let alone whilst going through it!!! I have a feeling this will not be your first time in India!!!! Can't wait to hear about the Taj - is it all hype or is it a real gem? Been watching Reza - the Spice Prince on Food Network - he's hilarious but i could communicate with his recipes from Rajasthan!!! It just felt closer to you :)
    Take care girls xxxxxxxx cant wait to hear all about it!
    xxxxxxxc

    ReplyDelete