Saturday, 25 February 2012

24-25 Feb - Of forts and temples!

It's been a hectic but fruitful two days! I won't be able to relive each detail with you due to extreme tiredness and tomorrow's early start!
So jodhpur was a bit of an anti-climax from the serene Osian campsite. A bustling city but with a lot of character. It's known as the blue city, since previously houses were painted blue if you belonged to a particular clan. Now everyone is allowed to paint their house blue and the tale is that blue or violet keep the mozzy's away! They look very cool!
The past two days have been of forts and temples - really well kept forts and intricate Jain temples. The forts both in jodhpur and on the way down to udaipur, caused me two big blisters... And no...not on my feet...Ixxawwat!!!!!

Udaipur is really... But Really pretty and clean! The lake Pichola is lovely but unfortunately we didn't manage to get a sunset boat ride...can't wait to see how it looks in the morning!!! We already had dinner on the rooftop terrace and tomorrow we'll have early breakfast. The owner of this "haveli" asked us why just one night? I ask myself the same question!
And talking about food! It's true when they say "stick to the local food and you'll be fine!" - we eat indian food 3 times a day! Even breakfast has curry, dhals and Chillies!!!! We love it and haven't tasted/experienced bad food as yet! Gabie is in her element! I am too but for some reason (I blame the chillies) my upper lip is extremely cracked and dry! (serves me right for not packing the Chapstick!!!)
Oh well... The geyser has been on for 15 mins as instructed and I'm off for my shower! We were also instructed that between 11:30am and 1:00pm there will be a city power cut! And it's not because I'm a bezzulla... It's because it happens everyday!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks great - really - I'm sure you wish you're staying longer in every place! If you get friendly with the staff ask them for the recipes Gabbie - they will definitely be authentic :)
    Take care and keep your eyes wide open so as not to miss a thing xxxxx
    Love you xxxxx

    ReplyDelete