Taxi this morning was on time - actually he was nearly 45 mins early but we left him wait until our pick up time of 9:15am. Whizzed through London and got to T3 at 9:50am. With a serious, nonchalant feel, we both went to the business class line and immediately to the check in counter. After a nice “good morning” the lady behind the desks say “are you interested...” but before she could end her sentence, I jumped and said “interested in business class?”.... to which she said “umm no but we have an offer.” At this point I already had a partial frown on my face. And she continued “if you get on the later flight this evening, we will give you €600 each in hard cold cash”. After a few seconds of hesitation and a few “ums and aaas”, we politely declined because heck we just wanted to get to Sri Lanka and get to the view in the mountains that was awaiting us! Are you kicking me at the moment? I am sure you too would be in the same pickle as me... go now or wait 8 hrs and get nearly the whole flight price for free back????
Bags checked in and we scooted through the terminal to try and find a Zara...‘permanantely shut’... “but how can it be? I need some spare t-shirts!”. Thank goodness for Brambilla 2 providing some very luxurious-looking kaftans - I have taken them ALL! Thank you!
At 10:40am I had already devoured 1 bacon butty and 1 cheese omelet butty - and to wash it all down 2 glasses of white wine. No bubbly was available at the time so I had to go for the second best option.
One of the first to board - and there is a musky smell - like a perfume trying to mask a smell of pungent urine. I’m pretty sure the nose will settle and it’s just an intro to what we are to expect when we get there!
I will have Internet for the full duration in Sri Lanka - but not in the Maldives. We will be 4:30 hours ahead of Malta! I can also receive calls for free :-)
I will be landing at some 4am local time but will send you a text In our group chat “Galea tours” to let you know. If the photos become excessive - let me know and I’ll stop (or not) xxxx
Let’s see if I manage to keep this blog up... not promising you and definitely not one per day!
No comments:
Post a Comment